HiPER for GDPR Linking
“All personally identifiable data linked to a single, persistent identifier.”
The European Union (EU)’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), goes into effect May 25th of 2018, and has increasing requirements through May of 2020. The basic purpose of the GDPR is to give European people rights over their personal data both inside and outside of the EU. Citizens’ rights include:
- Right to easily access data in a digestible format
- Right to be forgotten and have confirmation of removed data
- Right to be notified if personal data has been compromised
- Right to require clear consent for the use of personal data
Many organizations aren’t even entirely aware of all of their data assets, and certainly don’t know exactly how many Europeans are in their data sets. HiPER’s entity resolution designed for Big Data can be used as a compliance tool. Anyone who works in marketing knows that knowing what has happened, historically, to an individual’s data is near impossible. HiPER allows links to be made across internal and 3rd party data, across all active and archived datastores, to identify everywhere data about a specific individual is located, something most industry solutions still struggle with.
In addition to name and address, HiPER can search attributes such as IP addresses, web cookies, unique physical characteristics, online identifiers, and more. HiPER can bring all of your data assets together, weed out duplicates, and consolidate disparate records for analytics, operational efficiency, and compliance issues like GDPR.
HiPER for Healthcare
“Access enterprise health records in real time.”
Current healthcare solutions are limited by data format, and data arriving from multiple sources about a single patient is seldom, if ever, completely linked across all data stores. Matching an electronic health record (EHR) can be more difficult than it seems.
HiPER declutters an organization’s data, and links data using all available information to achieve the highest possible accuracy, while keeping it safe and separate. This results in master patient identifier (MPI), so as many correct, unique identities as possible are linked across the organization’s data.
What seems to be meaningless, incomplete, or irrelevant data in one record can become meaningful to business intelligence, analysis, and even health initiatives when combined with other records referring to the same identity.
- Matching Across Enterprise Databases– For the purposes of collecting all available information about each individual, regardless of the data store or database where the information comes from.
- Multi-domain Matching – The ability to match individuals to other domains can help identify former study participants, individuals sharing the same household, and individuals matching other specific criteria.
- Fraud Reduction – Reduce risk exposure by identifying highly suspicious or precarious behavior
- Supply Chain Management – Optimizing discounts, inventory controls, and cooperative marketing dollars
- Marketing Attribution – Craft ideal campaigns to reach your customers through the most effective channels
In addition to MPI and linking your data, Black Oak Analytics also offers services including master data management (MDM) and data governance guidance and consulting.
Master Data Management
The current trend is to decouple the components of MDM allowing each component to achieve high levels of effectiveness and efficiency. Unfortunately, many MDM architectures are designed to build and maintain only one system of record for all applications. This entanglement is often one of the weaknesses of an MDM system. Each business application often has a different view and different requirements for what the system of record should contain.
Black Oak Analytics offers a rock-solid Data Governance program to help make sense of your company’s most valuable asset — your data. Our programs can:
- Determine critical data assets
- Establish policies and procedures to monitor and improve key performance metrics
- Establish processes for how data is stored, backed-up, and utilized
- Establish a Data Governance Council
“Know your data to secure your data.”
When an organization’s data assets are locked in different locations, controlled by different people in the organization, and not linked together, security officers must manage each data set separately.
With HiPER, existing data sets are linked, but do not have to be moved from secure locations (although they can be), so all data can be viewed together. This allows your organization to see patterns and security breaches in your data in real time, a solution for security, compliance, and fraud prevention.
HiPER’s singular view of enterprise data can power your security analytics and systems.
HiPER Marketing Database
“Real time, omni channel attribution”
Whether marketing by direct mail, email, or social media, many organizations have marketing databases located internally, run externally by a vendor, or embedded in their customer relationship management suite. Unfortunately, these databases often rely on 3rd party data and do not use an organization’s full data assets.
With HiPER, all of your organization’s internal data is leveraged to power your marketing efforts, creating a less expensive solution that is more effective than those provided by other industry solutions. HiPER enables business-to-consumer and business-to-business marketers to assign and maintain a persistent identifier to their customer and prospect marketing data warehouse. Having this unique identifier is a key component in all aspects of database marketing. Persistent identifiers assist with (and/or are required for):
- Enterprise Customer Identification
- Longitudinal Campaign Analysis
- Responder Analysis
- Improved Targeting
- Know Your Customer Initiatives
- Third Party Data Enhancement
- Customer Cross-Sell
- Customer Communication Data Management
Black Oak’s Marketing Database solution can be installed inside the client’s firewall and integrated with existing data management systems, eliminating the need to send data off site or overhaul existing MDM systems. Black Oak’s marketing solutions are available in real-time.